DAY 11: Slow Day

Workout: CVX

  • Duration: 25min
  • Condition: 5lb Weights (On Some Routines)
  • Body Feels Like: 7/10 Good
  • Mind Feels Like: 4/10 Feelin' Lazy
I really like CVX because it is such a great all-around workout that encompasses cardio and strength training. It is also super flexible in that you can adjust the difficulty with rep counts and weights. It can be a light cardio for days when you want to just check off the workout in your to-do list or it can make you feel like you've completed a cross-fit tournament and get sore for days. 

One thing I would advise for CVX is to be very careful with using heavy weights on the first set as there are no warm up routines and you're susceptible to injury at cold start. If you want to go nuts, spend around 5 minutes warming up like 1 min jumping jacks, 1 min arm rotations, 5 vinyasas, 20 push-ups, etc. If you're not feeling creative, you can always use the MMX warmup.

Today I decided to raise the bar by lifting a...bar. A 5lb bar that is, for a few routines because I kinda felt like trying. 

CVX Breakdown
  • Warm Up: None
  • Set 1: Done - 5lb weights for kicks
  • Set 2: Done - 5lb weights for squats
  • Set 3: Done - 5lb weights for twist and pivot STOP
  • Set 4: Coulda Woulda
  • Cool Down: Done
Shoulda
I think the most that I've done in my past workouts with CVX is complete the workout using 12.5lbs. It wasn't easy but I've always felt the burn and kick-ass endorphins post. Adding the 5lb weight to some routines wasn't hard because I chose the ones that were easy for me. I think the logical order of things is to complete the workout first before tacking on weights. More importantly, my body is telling me to do different because I'm getting bored. 

Next ponderance items:
  • Breathing
  • Challenging Yourself

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 6: Feeling Kinda Less Broken

DAY 9: KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid)

DAY 12: It's Been a Minute